Featured Content Gallery | WordPress Plugin | iePlexus

FCG Instructional Video

Downloading, installing, upgrading, and configuring the FCG plugin

FCG Instructional Video

PostBy Kris Themstrup on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:04 pm

Due to the overwhelming popularity of the plugin and some common issues we've seen in the support forum, we've created a comprehensive instructional video that goes over all aspects of installing and configuring the FCG plugin. Hopefully this will help anyone having difficulties getting the plugin setup properly. You can find it at the bottom of the install and setup page and on Vimeo. Let us know what you think, and thanks to everyone for their continued support and kind words about the plugin. It makes this all worth while!
Kris Themstrup

Re: FCG Instructional Video

Thank you for using the Featured Content Gallery Forum

PostBy MarkC on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:42 am

Hi

I read the online instructions, watched the video and then read this forum so I got my plugin up and working at first try. Very nice stuff and I will put it onto some of my other sites.

Meanwhile, please see my first FCG work at http://www.asiamovies-tvshows.com :D

One comment I can make is that I wish the thumbnails are brighter.

And one question, how many such featured contents can I feature on the slide show?

PS - as an update I've changed my theme to Flexsqueeze but can't find a place to put the FCG tags into so now my nifty FCG is gone...... :(
Last edited by MarkC on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarkC

PostBy admin on Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:11 am

One comment I can make is that I wish the thumbnails are brighter.

to bright them out, scripts/jd.gallery.js.php file find this propery
thumbIdleOpacity
change it to 0.9 for example.

And one question, how many such featured contents can I feature on the slide show?

can be any, but probably it will load slower..
Yelena Khamidullina
Web Applications Developer, iePlexus

1. Check settings to exclude fcg-YOU conflict
2. Try to turn off all your plugins at once to exclude fcg-other plugin conflict
3. Try default theme to exclude fcg-theme conflict
4. Post in this forum to involve me in your troubleshooting. URL is required
admin
Site Admin

PostBy 47songs on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:02 pm

I've just spent over an hour clicking around in circles trying to view the video. I joined vemeo or whatever the hell their name is , uploaded the lastest flash and I still can't view it. I subscribed to you, likened you, and everything else you-ed that I thought would help me to see the video.

Can you please tell me HOW to view the video?
47songs

PostBy admin on Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:26 am

video is additional resource...what problems do you have with fcg?
Yelena Khamidullina

2. Try to turn off all your plugins at once to exclude fcg-other plugin conflict
admin
Site Admin

PostBy 47songs on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:28 am

Hi Yelena,

Thanks for your response. I was quite frustrated last night when I posted. I've just started a Wordpress blog and my first order of business is to set up a featured gallery on my front page. Considering my inexperience with setting all of this up, I don't what I don't know.

I was hoping that watching the video would help and could possibly be more informative that what I've read. I've tried inserting the code into where I want the gallery to show, but there's nothing there. I'm even having problems with just setting up navigation and pages and links.

Here's the link to my blog:
http://tshirtsatfirstsite.com/wordpress

The code is inserted into the theme's Main Index Template (index.php). I was able to save it without the return of an error message. I've also started a post with two 'articleimg' attributes and their 'value' with two images and their web addresses.

Plus, why is it that the video doesn't work? I mean, I even registered for an account, which I didn't want to do, just in hopes that it would work if I did, and still it doesn't work.

Donna
47songs

PostBy admin on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:30 pm

what setting you have in Settings/Reading?
if static page and you've chosen page from dropdown, use page.php to insert gallery call
Yelena Khamidullina

admin
Site Admin

PostBy OctoberAbduction on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:03 am

I've watched, or tried to watch the video (which is great by the way!) and it stops 1/3 of the way through. I tried stopping and starting, NOT stopping and starting, dragging slider forward...and not touching it at all once it gets rolling. It still freezes. I have a high speed connection, Firefox, no problems on any other viemo videos, just this one. It stops right before the img stuff comes up - which is what I'm needing help with. LOVE what I've seen so far...just not sure why it freezes. Even when I refresh the page - nothing.
OctoberAbduction

Return to Getting Started