Featured Content Gallery | WordPress Plugin | iePlexus

Possible conflict with "1-click Retweet/Share/Like" plugin

New releases, ideas for the future, and known issues

Possible conflict with "1-click Retweet/Share/Like" plugin

PostBy jcole on Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:52 am

I have FCG installed and it has been working wonderfully. The page upon which FCG is displayed is http://renstitute.com/main and the images (currently) draw from posts to the "Most Recent Posts" category, of which there are only four. As mentioned, everything was fine until yesterday, when three things were done:

1. I updated Flash Player to version 10.something. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I've since restarted and it hasn't made FCG work yet.
2. I added another picture to the carousel, with my latest post. This shouldn't create a conflict as best I can tell, though I did mis-name the picture in the articleimg tag; I've since corrected this, but FCG still will not work.
3. (The most likely culprit, I believe) I installed a plugin called "1-click Retweet/Share/Like". Since the installation my page takes a lot longer to load, calls on several outside sites for images, etc., and could be disrupting FCG. HOWEVER, I have since disabled this plugin (did not remove it yet) but FCG still will not display correctly.

FCG is visible, and has loaded the Carousel Tag Line ("Today on RENSTITUTE.COM"), the navigation arrows, and the Featured Text box...but no images. I've been able to navigate with the FCG box, move from one "slide" to another, etc., but no pictures. I only get a bar that appears to be some kind of "loading" bar. Also, since doing some tinkering, I've lost the navigation arrows and the Carousel Tag Line is intermittent. I've tried loading in both IE and Firefox, to no avail.

Thank you for any assistance you might be able to give. I enjoy the plugin and would hate to uninstall it for a different option.

Regards,
JCole
renstitute.com
jcole

Re: Possible conflict with "1-click Retweet/Share/Like" plugin

Thank you for using the Featured Content Gallery Forum

Re: Possible conflict with "1-click Retweet/Share/Like" plugin

PostBy admin on Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:36 pm

it looks like gallery is empty, there is no posts in fcg in view source
give me screenshot of fcg options page
Yelena Khamidullina
Web Applications Developer, iePlexus

1. Check settings to exclude fcg-YOU conflict
2. Try to turn off all your plugins at once to exclude fcg-other plugin conflict
3. Try default theme to exclude fcg-theme conflict
4. Post in this forum to involve me in your troubleshooting. URL is required
admin
Site Admin

Return to Development, Improvement, and Conflicts